Originally from Liverpool, Eleanor realised the financial burden of living in the capital when she moved to London to study an undergraduate degree in International Development and Anthropology and was working in low paid jobs.
Her colleague’s experiences and struggles made her want to do something to tackle the financial hardship so many Londoners face. During her time studying, she became involved in campaigns around pay day lenders, the Living Wage and delivered financial literacy classes in sixth forms in East London.
When she completed her studies, she did an internship at Fair Money Advice organised through a partnership with her University. Her campaigning and internship experiences shifted her focus from International Development to looking at issues of poverty and financial inclusion in the UK. She was delighted to eventually become a Debt Adviser at Fair Money Advice to pursue her interest in tackling poverty in the UK.
- Degree in International Development and Anthropology from the University of East London
- Campaigning with Citizens UK on issues of pay day lenders and the Living Wage
- Money Mentor - delivering financial literacy classes in sixth forms in East London
- Football - Everton supporter
- Irish, Middle Eastern and African literature
Contact us on 020 8988 0627. Our telephone opening hours are:
Monday to Friday: 8:30am to 6:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am to 2:00pm
Sunday & Bank Holidays: Closed