Benefits at Debt Free London
As well as awesome colleagues and work that improves the lives of Londoners every day, there are loads of ways we help our colleagues do the best work of their lives. We often review and enhance them, but here’s a brief overview of the benefits we offer right now. If you’d like more information on any of them, just ask!
- Competitive salary for each role
- Salary reviewed annually
- 25 days holiday a year, plus bank holidays - please use them all!
- This increases to 28 days after two years, 29 days after your third year and rises to a total of 30 days after five complete years!
- We'll automatically enrol you into our pension scheme with Standard Life
- We offer a 4% employer pension contribution on top of your salary
- You'll need to pay 5% too, and you can opt to pay more for the tax benefits!
- You can opt out if you'd rather not have a pension at all
Health & Wellbeing
- Generous paid sick leave for both physical & mental health - weeks full, 12 weeks half pay when you've done a year of service
- Paid time off for medical and dental appointments
- Contribution towards eye tests and spectacles
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers a 24/7 confidential advice line for health, legal & bereavement support
- Learning budget for books, training courses and conferences
- Regular knowledge-sharing sessions
- We're a member of the cycle-to-work scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Two days a year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and make difference in the community
- Paid off for public duties e.g local Councillor or School Govenor
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave
- Up to two days paid time off for domestic emergencies
- Paid compassionate leave
Vacancies at Debt Free London
Toynbee Hall is the lead partner of Debt Free London, and the employer for these current vacancies:
We're creating a team of Advice Assistants to support our Debt Advisors in carrying out the delivery of high-quality debt advice by carrying out non-specialist tasks related to providing the service.
Working Hours: Full time - 35 hours per week
Salary: £22,000 per annum
We're looking for experienced debt advisors to join our growing Quality Assurance Team as Technical Supervisors to ensure that the advice provided to our clients is accurate, effective and tailored to individuals’ circumstances.
Salary: £33,000 - £35,000
Working Hours: Full time - 35 hours per week
Vacancies with our partners
Hours: Full-time 37.5 hours per week
Location: Hammersmith and Fulham
Salary: £30000 gross per annum (pro-rata of full-time salary)
Type of Contract: Fixed Term to 31/03/2022 with possibility of extension subject to funding
The role requires the provision of debt advice, information and casework.
The ideal candidate will be a team player, who is a strong communicator with effective writing skills and adept in the areas of negotiation who can demonstrate recent experience of delivering debt and welfare rights advice and has completed at least MAS level 3 debt advice training.
Due to the COVID-19 restrictions in place the role will currently be home-based, however this will change over the duration of the contract to office delivery. Therefore the post holder must be flexible in the channels they will deliver advice, for example via telephone, video-conference and email, as well as face to face.
Debt Relief Order Intermediary experience is desirable.
To apply, please visit our website
Closing Date: Tuesday 6th April 2021 by 10.00am
Interview: Tuesday 13th April 2021
Citizens Advice Waltham Forest are recruiting 3 Debt Caseworkers.
Location: Working from home or Waltham Forest, London
Salary: £32,813 per annum pro rata
Salary pro rata: Yes
Hours per week: Full or part time
Type of contract: Permanent
Queries - email email@example.com
To provide over-indebted Londoners with free, face-to-face advice that is accurate, effective and tailored to individuals’ circumstances. This will include:
Interviewing those that access our service using sensitive listening and questioning skills in order to allow them to explain their problem(s) and empower them to set their own priorities.
Researching and exploring options and implications so that those accessing our service can make informed decisions
Ensuring income maximisation through the appropriate take up of income, including those relating to water charges, benefits, tax and housing
Providing in-depth quality advice and on-going casework, including acting for the client where necessary using appropriate communication skills and channels
Maintaining detailed case records, ensuring that all work meets all auditing and quality standards and the requirements of the funder
Due to the COVID-19 restrictions in place, the role will currently be home-based, however this may change over the duration of the contract to office/outreach based. Therefore, the post holder must be flexible in the channels they deliver advice, for example via telephone, video-conference and email, as well as face to face.
We have an opening for a Money Advice Caseworker to join our Debt team.
We are currently looking to recruit a trainee or caseworker to join the team and help provide our high-quality debt advice to members of our community. We will pay at the top end of the salary scale to those who are qualified debt intermediaries.
The post is part time, three days a week.
Salary: Pro-rata up to £26,502 for a caseworker and up to £29,000 for a caseworker who is a DRO intermediary
Term: Permanent (subject to grant funding with the funder – Debt Free London)
Reports to: Debt Team Leader
Based at: Croydon with travel to our other SW London offices and outreach locations as required
We are seeking a highly motivated and proactive Crisis Navigator with broad experience to work in a pilot project.
We are recruiting a Crisis Navigator for a one-year project to support our housing and debt teams by helping people with welfare benefit and money issues following housing court proceedings.
Salary: Up to £26,520 according to experience.
Term: One year fixed term pilot project
Reports to: Debt Team Leader with functional links to the housing team, volunteers, Senior Management Team and Branch Administrators
Based at: Croydon with potential outreach and delivery at other locations including Croydon County Court