Reports to: Head of Quality and Compliance
Working closely with: Quality Assurance team
Direct line reports: N/A
Salary: £23,797 per annum
Working hours: 35 hours per week
Location: 28 Commercial Street (Toynbee Hall)
Toynbee Hall is a charity where people come for excellent local services and where they can share ideas and experience, gather information and knowledge that we use together to take action to change lives and eradicate poverty. Our programmes include free advice services, financial inclusion services, wellbeing services, including work with older people and community learning services supporting young people and new migrants.
Funded by Money and Pension Service, Toynbee Hall is the lead partner of a London-wide free face-to-face debt advice partnership which supports over 25,000 Londoners with their debt and money problems each year. Our trained and accredited advisors are based across 28 partner organisations and help with all types of money worries from rent and council tax arrears to credit card and catalogue debt.
We can work with clients to prioritise their bills & debts, helping them to write letters and advocating on their behalf.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creating weekly reports for quality and compliance purposes.
- Importing data into various systems.
- Creating graphs from information gathered identifying monthly and quarterly quality trends.
- Creating presentations, videos, and documents for DFL staff.
- Assisting in the development of the quality and compliance management system
- When in the London office, booking and setting up the meeting rooms for team meetings
- Helping update the DFL hub
- Organising events (eg training, partnership events)
- Attending relevant training such as safeguarding and GDPR, equality and diversity
- Compiling information for report and reviewing quality content for accuracy and consistency
- Compiling data for compliance reporting
- Any other responsibilities that are required as necessary for the service to be delivered successfully.
- Working with other members of the team to ensure all required records and compliance registers are maintained and in an accurate and timely manner
- Undertaking additional tasks as defined by the Debt Free London Head of Quality and Compliance and MD
Working collaboratively with the Debt Free London Leadership Team the position will require:
- Working to an agreed work-plan meeting targets and milestones
- Prioritising and managing your own workload
- Being an active member of the team, identifying opportunities for your own development.
- Working in collaboration with our funders, and with colleagues from across their other funded organisations,
- Contributing to key projects and meetings
- Demonstrating financial efficiency and value for money throughout your work
- Ensuring that all services comply with equal opportunities and other relevant policies and quality standards and good practice
- Compliance with Toynbee Hall policies and procedures, including health and safety
Skills needed – Essential
- Strong IT knowledge and familiar with using Microsoft Office and Microsoft Teams.
- Ability to plan effectively and realistically, managing own workload in a busy environment.
- Team player willing to go the extra mile to support others
- Able to build relationships with staff at all levels.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Ability and enthusiasm to innovate to improve the service provided
- Good attention to detail
- Committed to Toynbee Hall values and principles, embracing equality, diversity and inclusion for both colleagues and clients.
Skills needed – Desirable
- Level 3 training in Debt Advice
- Understanding of the role and objectives for MaPS funded debt project.
- Is familiar with our systems, such as Flex and Advice Pro