Job Title: Data Insights Coordinator
Reporting to: Data Insights Manager
Direct line reports: N/AContract type: FTC – 31 January 2023
Working hours: Full time - 35 hours per week
Salary Grade: £27,000/annum
Location: 28 Commercial Street London, E1 6LS
Debt Free London is London’s free face-to-face debt advice service helping over 24,000 Londoners with their debt and money problems each year. Our trained and accredited advisors are based across 17 partner charities and can help with all types of money worries from rent and council tax arrears to credit card and catalogue debt. We can work with clients to prioritise their bills & debts, helping them to write letters and advocating on their behalf.
The Debt Free London partnership is led by Toynbee Hall, the employer for this role, a charity where people come for excellent local services and where they can share ideas and experience, gather information and knowledge that we use together to take action to change lives and eradicate poverty. Our programmes include free advice services, financial inclusion services, wellbeing services, including work with older people and community learning services supporting young people and new migrants.
The Data Insights Coordinator is responsible for assisting with DFL research projects, database management and related production tasks under the supervision of the Data Insights Manager. This includes research administration, research design, data cleaning and quality management, analysis, report writing and presentation
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the ongoing development of databases, systems, and CRM to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Ensure the accuracy, integrity and quality of data is always upheld
- Produce accurate and timely statistical returns upon request
- Assist with the development of a dashboard
- Develop process improvements and efficiencies
- Own our internal debt advice quality assessment database, ensuring accurate data entry, data quality, and reporting
- Be aware of and comply on an ongoing basis with the rules and requirements of confidentiality, data protection, data sharing and any other legal/regulatory/risk management frameworks
- Assist with producing monthly client reports and snapshots for Partners
- Contribute to team understanding and use of all systems.
- Provide the senior leadership team with accurate data for weekly meetings
- Deliver ad-hoc assistance to resolve technical and useability issues for the team
- Produce systems guides for users
- Work closely with key stakeholders, both internally and externally, to ensure outputs are clear and actionable.
- Highlight and present new trends and changes in an accessible way
- Analyse and interpret data and communicate it in clear, digestible and useful ways
- Support the creation of meaningful analysis and compelling communications to support the organisations’ understanding of its clients
- Think creatively about how to use the data we have, how to collect the data we want, and how best to leverage it in service of our clients and community members
Essential attributes and behaviours:
- Keen to complete tasks in an orderly way
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong use of Microsoft Excel and other office applications
- Optimistic and resilient
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure and meet project deadlines (within reason)
- Results driven
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Keen to learn
- Proactivity and self-motivation
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Experience of using pivot tables
- Experience working with databases
- Experience of working with dashboards, Tableau, Qlik etc.
- Experience of using data analysis tools SPSS etc.