Reports to: Head of Quality & Compliance [Debt Free London]
Direct reports: Customer Care Team Leader, Customer Care Advisors
Working hours: 35 hours per week
Location: 28 Commercial Street, London E1 6LS
Toynbee Hall is a charity where people come for excellent local services and where they can share ideas and experience, gather information and knowledge that we use together to take action to change lives and eradicate poverty. Our programmes include free advice services, financial inclusion services, wellbeing services, including work with older people and community learning services supporting young people and new migrants.
Funded by the Money and Pensions Service (MaPS), Toynbee Hall is the lead partner of a London-wide free face-to-face debt advice partnership which supports over 24,000 Londoners with their debt and money problems each year. Our trained and accredited advisors are based across 16 partner organisations and help with all types of money worries from rent and council tax arrears to credit card and catalogue debt.
We can work with clients to prioritise their bills & debts, helping them to write letters and advocating on their behalf.
- To manage the Debt Free London call centre ensuring our service is available to over-indebted residents 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week.
- To be the product owner of the Debt Free London ‘Flex’ omnichannel system.
- Ensuring clients find our service easy to access and have high levels of satisfaction.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage the Debt Free London call centre ensuring our service is available to over-indebted residents 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. This includes:
- Line management of a team of Customer Care Advisors, including completing monthly one to one meetings
- Creating and managing a staff rota for each month to ensure our helpline is appropriately staffed to meet demand
- Providing training to Customer Care staff on Initial Assessments (IAs) and working with the Training and Wellbeing Manager to accommodate any other training needs
- Conducting Quality Assurance audits of call recordings to ensure the highest levels of customer service are always given
- Monitoring reports to ensure the demand of the service is being met, including tracking the number of missed/rejected/abandoned calls and creating a call-back list of clients whose calls have been missed or who are our previous clients for the Customer Care Team to contact during quieter periods
- To be the product owner of the Debt Free London ‘Flex’ omnichanel system. This includes:
- Being the first point of contact for Flex-related IT issues and raising this with our supplier where needed
- Identifying new opportunities to help develop our helpline and systems so that we are accessible to our clients and working in an effective manner
- Ensuring clients find our service easy to access and have high levels of satisfaction. This includes:
- Managing the Debt Free London FREEPOST service, ensuring all incoming mail is logged, scanned and recorded onto our CRM
- Monitoring the Debt Free London’s Trustpilot account and responding to reviews
- Being the initial point of contact for any complaints made and raising them accordingly with Head of Quality and Compliance
- Work collaboratively with the Debt Free London Leadership Team to an agreed work-plan meeting targets and milestones. This includes:
- Working to an agreed work-plan meeting targets and milestones
- Prioritising and managing your own workload
- Being an active member of the team, identifying opportunities for your own development
- Working in collaboration with our funders, and with colleagues from across their other funded organisations, contributing to key projects and meetings
- Compliance with Toynbee Hall policies and procedures, including health and safety
- Demonstrating financial efficiency and value for money throughout work
- Ensuring that all services comply with equal opportunities and other relevant policies and quality standards and good practice
- Undertaking additional tasks as defined by the Debt Free London MD